Have you missed the first Centre of Excellence talk with Jasper van Vliet on how to write to get published? Don’t worry. Here is a short wrap-up and an invitation to 2nd talk with prof. Volker Radeloff.
Jasper van Vliet, a member of the editorial board of Regional Environmental Change and Journal of Land Use Science, was our first guest and shared some tips for academic writing with us. In particular, the essential parts of the paper from the editor’s perspective.
Have you missed that? Here is Jasper’s checklist:
- Research results are new and/or interesting and/or novel
- The target journal is appropriate, and the manuscript is adjusted to this journal
- The cover letter indicates novelty/relevance
- The title suggests the topic and relevance (and is as short as possible)
- The abstract includes all the necessary information
- The introduction clearly states the knowledge gap/contribution
- The manuscript is finished. There are no typos missing references, etc.
- Display items look very good (the first thing people see!)
Centre of Excellence Talks vol.2: Analyses of trends in time-series of satellite data
The second guest of our next Centre of Excellence talk is prof. Volker Radeloff, head of Spatial Analysis For Conservation and Sustainability SILVIS LAB, University of Wisconsin-Madison. During his work, he often works with satellite imagery, which will be covered during our second seminar.
Please save the date for 2.3.23 and join us at 18:00.